Thursday 2 June 2011

Latest Transfer Gossip Review

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to react to his side's defeat at the hands of Barcelona in the Champions League final by overhauling his squad. Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric could be part of a revamped line-up next season, with a £20m bid being prepared for the Croatia international?


Barcelona are set to beat Tottenham to the signing of former Manchester United reserve forward Giuseppe Rossi from Villarreal in a staggering £40m deal?


Atletico Madrid goalkeper David de Gea is expected to arrive at Manchester United by the end of the week in a £17m deal, with midfielders Ashley Young of Aston Villa and Jack Rodwell of Everton next on Ferguson's shopping list?


Tottenham are set to announce the signing of Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel on a two-year deal to replace the error-prone Heurelho Gomes as the club's number one for next season?



Guus Hiddink is ready to quit Turkey for the Chelsea job? 
The Dutchman, 64, has had enough of international coaching and wants to return to club management?




Lionel Messi has reportedly said he can't see himself playing in the premier league and never wants to leave Barcalona?



My review - I am a massive fan of Luka Modric and I believe he would be a very successful replacement to the retiring Paul Scholes. I feel that the £20million value of him is pretty accurate and that he would be a good signing for United, I think this move is very possible as the attraction of silverware and champions league footy for another season could tempt the Croatian playmaker.



I personally dont see what the fuss is about with Giuseppe Rossi and certainly do not value him at £40 million! There are many better strikers in the Spanish league in my opinion and if Rossi did decide to go to Barca I believe he would just be seen as back up to David Villa who I believe is a more prolific and reliable goal scorer.



I look forward to seeing how De Gea copes with the pressure of premier league football at arguably the biggest team in the country, at such a young age will he be able to follow in the footsteps of former greats Peter Schmeichel and the man he will taking over the reigns from, Edwin Van Der Sar? Who knows, only time will tell.



Gomes made too many mistakes this year in my opinion and I believe a more reliable goalkeeper could have seen spurs finish another season in the top 4. I think if you looked up reliable premier league goalkeeper in the dictionary you would find a picture of Brad Friedel, One of my favourite goalkeepers and is never in the headlines for making mistakes, quietly goes about his business and would be a good signing for Hotspur.


Guus Hiddink seems to be the only serious candidate for the Chelsea job and I think he would do a sufficient job in leading the team in challenging for the premier league title, I believe the money that Chelsea would offer for his services would be enough for him to leave his current role as the Turkey boss.

This outburst from Lionel Messi should have scuppered Manchester City's apparent hopes of signing him and I can understand why the world player of the year would have said this, He is having the time of his life at Barca and is the star of arguably the greatest club team of all time, I'm confident that he is a footballer who's passion and love for the game and his surroundings in Spain that no amount of money from any premier league club could lure him away.

If there are any bigger stories I will post again with my opinions and views on those.

Matt Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment