Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Fight For Wesley Sneijder - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Just heard that Chelsea have joined the race to sign Inter Milan's highly rated Dutch playmaker Wesley Sneijder after Guus Hiddink encouraged the club to steal the player right from under their Nothern Rival's nose. But who I do think he will do better at, United? or Chelsea?



Manchester United
After Paul Scholes' retirement from the game and Ryan Giggs, now deployed mainly from the middle of park, not getting any younger, I believe Fergie does need to bring in a player of Sneijder's Calibre as I don't feel that they have a suitable centre midfielder to partner Darren Fletcher. I believe his will be pretty much guaranteed a starting spot in a United midfield 4 that lacks a bit of creativity. I feel that he would link well with Rooney and Hernandez and his impeccable passing game should suit the way the team plays.

Chelsea
A straight swap for the ageing Frank Lampard, I feel that whereas Lampard is coming to the end of his career Sneijder is in the middle of his peak and would benefit a team that does sometimes look like it is running out of ideas in the form of creating chances. Not only is Sneijder a creator but a scorer too, and this would benefit Chelsea as that would be able to replace the 15-20 goals that Lampard has notched in previous seasons. I would fully back the Dutchman to do as well if not better than the Englishman has. Would be a smart choice for Abramovic to purchase Sneijder as I feel he could lead to the team to that sought after Champions league title.

If I was Wesley Sneijder and was offered a place in both United and Chelsea's teams I would personally go for United as I feel his game would be more beneficial to the Manchester club and he would bring an extra dimension to the midfield. Who knows? He may choose to stay with Inter, but I would love to see him playing premier league footy next season.

Matt Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment